Becoming a Mentor
Becoming a Mentor
About the Program
Campus Connections is a service-learning course offered at UCCS to undergraduate and graduate students who have relevant education and experience. Mentors can expect to earn 3-credits for their participation in the program and should plan to attend a weekly lab session from 3:00pm-9:00pm. Youth mentees participate from 4:00pm-8:00pm, arriving an hour after and leaving an hour before mentors, mentor coaches, and instructors. This allows time for mentors to prepare for and wrap up the evening.
With Campus Connections, you will:
- Build connections
- Earn credit
- Become a role model
- Provide academic and emotional support
- Engage in pro-social activities
- Try new challenges with your mentee
In order to become a mentor with Campus Connections, students must attend one of the Mandatory Informational Meetings throughout the semester (see schedule). After attending the meeting, candidates are welcome to apply. if they are interested in the program. Once accepted, candidates will be expected to complete a background check.
Priority Deadline: 4/17/2020 by 5pm
Final Deadline: 5/16/2020 by 5pm
Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply while the campus is on remote/distance learning, you may do the following:
- Watch this Information Session on YouTube
- Fill out the Mentor Application now a fillable PDF!
- Save and send it to Molly via email OR scan it by downloading a free app on your phone called Genius Scan
- Email it to Molly at email@example.com by May 16th or earlier!
- Fill out Mentor Application Packet
- Watch the Mandatory Informational Meeting on YouTube (link below)
- Complete Background check and finger printing (instructions will be provided after acceptance)
An online info session can be viewed on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bld1wwMDc4.
Please contact Molly Cammell directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.