Adaptive Leadership Certificate
Designed to help you take your next steps as a leader. In as few as nine months.
This four-course (12-credit) program is designed to be a flexible education pathway for military service-members and civilians in the Pikes Peak region while still being delivered in a convenient online format.
For service-members, this program complements Professional Military Education (PME) by delving into critical thinking and leader fundamentals. Completing the certificate will provide professional knowledge necessary for advancement and will contribute to greater opportunities for promotion. Additional outcomes include building credits towards a BA degree and employment potential in the civilian sector.
For current UCCS students, this engaging program can be added to your current path of study and can open doors for you in the career field of your choice.
While we've started our Fall semester, we'd love to get you more information on becoming a student this Spring.
Note: On the application page, use the drop-down to select - Adaptive Leadership Certificate
Reasons to complete the Certificate
What you will gain
For all students (including civilians)
- Learn from experts from all sectors with the very best preparation for leadership positions
- Face to face, real-time support for enrollment and program completion
- Development of college-level study skills for success in all college course
- Solve complex challenges and create action plans through exposure to case studies, hands-on learning, and connection to local civilian leaders
- Build skills for providing performance and developmental feedback to subordinates
- Transfer credits earned, along with additional credits, towards degree programs at UCCS
- Demonstrate understanding of group dynamics, stages of group development, roles and responsibilities associated with leading groups/teams
- Earn promotion points required for advancement in the military
- Earn skills for immediate employment in social services, management positions, or working in faith based organizations
Program Expectations and Delivery
- Hybrid delivery, with cohorts meeting at the Fort Carson Education Center, UCCS main campus, UCCS Downtown, and online
- Four 3-credit hour courses taught in sequence - one course at a time
- Each course is 8 weeks in duration, with the certificate completed in 9 months
For more information please contact the UCCS Fort Carson Education Office at 719-526-8066 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email to Dr. Phillip Morris at email@example.com For location information for the UCCS Fort Carson office, visit https://military.uccs.edu/fortcarson/about
Civilians who are not military affiliated will be able to access Fort Carson for the in-person meetings.
Courses (Beginning Aug. 24, 2020)
|Course Number & Title||Semester Credits||Pre-requisites|
|LEAD 1200 Foundations of Adaptive Leadership||3||none|
|LEAD 1600 Leading Teams and Organizations||3||LEAD 1200|
|LEAD 1800 Ethical and Multicultural Leadership||3||LEAD 1600|
|COUN 2100 Wellness, Resilience, and Emotional Intelligence||3||LEAD 1800|