Vision, Mission & Goals
The College of Education is the preparation provider of choice for all educators, counselors, and leaders of school districts, higher education institutions, clinical mental health agencies, and other non-profit agencies in Colorado Springs, El Paso County, and southern Colorado. We are known for our knowledge and understanding of contextual differences in these settings in Colorado Springs and rural/southern Colorado. We engage in research that addresses real problems faced by our region, and we proactively seek opportunities that will bring additional resources to areas of need to support transformational educational experiences and the well-being of all students.
We prepare teachers, leaders, and counselors who embrace equity, inquiry, and innovation.
- Embrace equity, diversity, and social justice
- Ensure high-quality preparation of education and counseling professionals
- Engage in research-based inquiry and practice
- Provide continual professional growth opportunities
- Infuse and enhance the use of technology
- Collaborate with campus and community partners to effect change
- Work across college and university to optimize efficiency and effectiveness