Students who are interested in teacher licensure programs must first be admitted to the University of Colorado Colorado Springs and then admitted to their respective teacher licensure programs. >>Application for teacher licensure programs
The College of Education offers the following undergraduate options:
Each of the above programs has a separate admissions process (above and beyond being admitted to the university). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719.255.4996 for more information.
College of Education
Undergraduate Program Admissions Checklist
All undergraduate students need to submit the following:
- An application to UCCS
- A $50.00 application fee
- A high school transcript or GED certificate ACT or SAT test scores (unless you are a transfer students from another college with over 24 hours of transferable courses)
- All transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities
- Upload a copy of the secondary school/high school transcripts (final three years), language school transcripts, and post-secondary/college/university transcripts during the application process. We require transcripts from each and every collegiate institution attended during and after graduation from high school. In addition, applicants with course-work from any foreign college must submit a course-by-course foreign transcript evaluation by a NACES or AICE member in order for such coursework to be considered for transfer credit at UCCS. (Please note: Official evaluations received directly from SpanTran, WES and ECE credential agencies may enable more efficient review and processing of transfer credit by UCCS.)
UCCS does not have minimum GPA or ACT/SAT requirements. We evaluate your candidacy based on these scores and grades in relation to one another. The chart below will show you your candidacy. If you land in the gold portion of this chart you will have a strong chance of being admitted to UCCS. If you fall in the blue or the black section of this chart, you still have a chance at admission but we are going to require more information from you to make our decision.
If you are a transfer student, we look at your transferable courses (at least 13 hours) and college GPA to determine admission. Each major has different requirements for entry into that program. To strengthen your chances of admission, you can also submit:
- A personal essay explaining your academic history and why you will be successful at UCCS
- Recommendation letters from teachers/instructors who can speak to your work as a student